Supporting the Cohen Bray House matters.
Due to the unforeseen challenges of Covid 19, we were unable to host our Mother’s Day Tea and Tour or our Harvest Festival fundraisers. And unfortunately, this has had a large impact on our budget, and we need your help now more than before.
Along with just paying the bills, we have some critical issues that we need to address sooner than later.
Here are some specific projects, and a range of needed funds for each; we hope you can help us with a donation of any amount on these or other projects in the coming year. Many of these projects can be done in increments, as funding is available.
• Weatherproof windows and doors against leaks; many need repair, glass replaced, and painting: $2,000-$15,000.
• Repair the front porch decking, extend the handrail on the front stairs, and repaint: $500- $3,000.
• Replace the linoleum in the kitchen, butler’s pantry hall, and back hall: $1,000-8,000.
• Repair exterior woodwork and trim, in preparation for painting: $5,000-15,000.
• Paint the outside of the House to protect the exterior (and the interior from the weather): $25,000-60,000
• Remodel the smoking-room porch and the only usable bathroom: $30,000;
Replace the foundation under that portion of the House: $34,950;
Make the House wheelchair accessible: $10,000
• Replace the whole original brick foundation.
The house has survived major earthquakes in the past 136 years, but time is not on our side. We need to retrofit.
Planning and design, preparation: $25,000;
Leveling and temporary supports: $80,000-100,000;
Tie in major walls to future foundation: $60,000-90,000;
Replace or encapsulate the existing brick foundation: $200,000-300,000.